Beginning Cataloguing - Tidy Beginnings
- Digital/computer organisation
- Virtual services (e.g. Skype/online courses)
- Public speaking/training
Private librarian services include:
- Building, organising, cataloguing and / or weeding your collection of books, photographs and / or other ephemera. (I have also set up home catalogues for some clients and taught them how to enter their own descriptions for their libraries).
- Listing items for your insurance policy / will
- Getting to grips with your book-buying budget and spending habits
Recent virtual organising projects have included:
The best way to get in touch for the first time is to email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: I am fully booked for 2022, so the next slots available for new clients will be in 2023.
- Planning writing projects – books, novels, dissertations
- Research – for an historical novel, non-fiction books, articles
- Accountability sessions – providing clients who prefer to work independently with a space in which to discuss progress and set and share goals and targets
Private Library, Archive and Collection Management
I hold a Masters degree in Information and Library Studies and wrote the core textbook used to teach librarians how to catalogue. When I’m not organising people’s books and papers, I’m working on the new edition (following a major change in the international cataloguing rules).
During my Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, I focused on blended learning, using online delivery to supplement and consolidate work in class. As well as running in-person training for heritage professionals, I hold monthly seminars and online courses, and I have developed a virtual organising space using the same learning software, so that clients and I can share and store information between Zoom sessions.
Other Relevant Qualifications
Many (though not all) of my clients are creatives. As well as an MA (Hons) in English Language and Literature from the University of St Andrews, I hold a PG Certificate in Creative Writing from University of Newcastle and am completing a Certificate in Crime Writing at West Dean College. I also have a TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Dementia Care, which is helpful in supporting some clients who are working with their family to ensure appropriate listing and estate planning.
Like a special kind of therapy - V., Manchester.
Anne helped me re-evaluate why I placed books on my shelves, and, more importantly, why I kept them there. I HIGHLY recommend this service. Catharsis - Emily, Basingstoke.
Increased clarity around what I read, what I keep, and why - A., London.
Copyright © 2022 APDO
Registered in England & Wales VAT Number 277 8442 57