APDO Book Club Reads 2021One of our most popular blog posts has been Sarah Howley's 'Recommendations from the APDO Book Club', which discussed Sarah Tierney's Making Space (Sandstone Press, 2017), Margareta Magnusson's The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning (Canongate, 2017), Sarah Krasnostein's The Trauma Cleaner (Text Publishing, 2017), James Clear's Atomic Habits (Random House Business, 2018), Lisa Jewell's The House We Grew Up In (Penguin, 2020), and Beth Kempton's Calm Christmas and a Happy New Year (Piatkus, 2019). In today's blog post, book club founder Sarah (Organising Solutions) and new co-organisers Anne Welsh (Tidy Beginnings) and Nicola Austin (Life of Libra) highlight key themes from the books the club has been discussing in 2021. It's August already, so we've had 7 meetings so far, discussing:
- Joy at Work by Marie Kondo and Scott Sonenshein (Little Brown, 2020).
- An Introduction to Coaching Skills by Christian Van Nieuwerburgh (Sage, 2017).
- Death & Decluttering by Nancy McGovern (McGovern Books, 2020).
- Decluttering at the Speed of Life by Dana K. White (Thomas Nelson, 2018).
- The Sustainable(ish) Living Guide by Jen Gale (Green Tree, 2020).
- Deep Work by Cal Newport (Piatkus, 2016).
- Work Like A Woman by Mary Portas (Transworld, 2018).
The APDO Book Club is one of the many benefits of joining APDO. You can find out more about becoming a member here.