Code of Ethics
All APDO members agree to abide by this Code of Ethics.
APDO is not a regulatory body; we do offer a complaints procedure but the maximum sanction the Board can impose for proven breaches of this Code of Ethics is to suspend membership.
- I will keep confidential all client information, both business and personal, except in very exceptional and specific circumstances where I am obliged by law to disclose such information.
- Irrespective of who instructs me or pays for my services, I will always maintain the confidentiality of my client i.e., the person with whom I am working and who is receiving the benefit of my services and professional help.
- I will provide clear and honest information about my professional qualifications and expertise and will accurately represent those qualifications in any verbal and/or written communications and in any promotional materials.
- I will only undertake work within the areas of my expertise, abilities and competence. If and when appropriate, I will invite clients to seek other forms of professional help.
- I will communicate in advance all terms and conditions to clients, including fees, expenses, likely methods of working and cancellation policies.
- I will disclose to clients information regarding existing or potential commercial gains for me personally from recommending specific goods or services.
- I will behave towards other APDO members in a fair, equitable and professional manner at all times.
- I will deal openly and respectfully with any area of conflict, and endeavour to reach agreement over any such areas in a responsible and courteous manner.
- I will respect the intellectual property rights (themes and content) of others and will not use proprietary information in any form or media without permission, nor will I plagiarise the works of others.
- I will strive for excellence in all aspects of my work within the organising profession.
- I will promote my services in ways that are legal, decent, honest, transparent and fair.
- I will seek to maintain and improve my skills and expertise through relevant continuing professional development, learning and training.
- I will represent the organising profession fairly and accurately, consulting when appropriate with the APDO Board. I will not claim to represent the views of APDO unless expressly requested to do so by the Board and authorised in writing.
- In dealings with clients, colleagues and community, I will respect diversity and equality relating to race, religion, sexuality, gender, age, culture, disability or socio-economic status and will not discriminate against anyone based on any of these factors.
- In the event of a complaint please find our full policy.
Copyright © 2020 APDO
Registered in England & Wales VAT Number 277 8442 57