This interactive course is aimed at those who:
- Wish to deepen their listening skills to really understand what their clients are saying - and not saying
- Would like to help clients by increasing their own creativity and confidence in asking powerful questions
- Would like to learn new ways to respond thoughtfully and constructively to their clients
Whether you are just starting out or are an experienced professional organiser, this course can help you to reflect on your practice and devlop your listening and responding skills.
The key topics covered include:
- An explanation and exploration of a deep listening model
- An introduction to clean listening
- Explanation and practice of the GROW coaching model
- A consideration of active listening, paraphrasing and reflecting back
- A consideration of the nuance of our language and a list of magic questions
- Reflection on ways to keep conversations with clients comfortable, productive and safe.
This course is facilitated by two experienced members and trainers from the Association of Professional Declutterers and Organisers (APDO). The course is open to APDO members and non-members and is held virtually over two sessions. It is an interactive, small group event with a maximum of 10 participants. We use discussion, small break-out room exercises, presentation slides, Q&A and personal reflection to help you understand the true power of listening and responding in everyday conversations with clients. When booking the course, you can choose to receive a welcome pack and workbook in the post or a digital workbook sent via email to help you take notes and reflect on your learning. Whichever you choose, they will be sent to you in the week leading up to your course.
Meet your trainers: