Tracy Marquiss is the founder of Marquiss Home Management covers Wiltshire, Bath and surrounding areas. She provides impartial advice on decluttering or home staging to market your home to its best potential. We’re excited to share her guest blog on ‘the most wonderful time of the year’
The kids are back at school! But how organised do you feel?
Whether you have children to get to school or not, mornings can feel more tense than tranquil. No don’t fear, follow these simple tips for a serene start to the day.
- Use school organisers to help create a checklist of what children need to take to school each day.
· Lunch money/voucher
· Homework/project materials
· Gym kit
· Library books
· Musical instruments
· Permission slips
· After-school club kit/instruments/money
· Special event items
- Spend a few minutes each evening checking the list and put all the items by the door so they are ready to grab and leave.
- Make packed lunches the night before. Or even make a week’s worth in one batch – freeze sandwiches in separate freezer bags and label with the filling – peanut butter/deli meats/tuna.
- Remove sandwiches in the morning; they will defrost by lunchtime. Prepare little bags of salad to add to the defrosted sandwiches (mayonnaise and jam do not freeze well).
- Select outfits/uniforms the night before and hang on a single hanger in the wardrobe or lay out on a chair so they are not searching for clothes in the morning.
- Layout the breakfast table before going to bed (kids can help) with breakfast cereals, bowls, glasses and cutlery.
- Put water in the coffeemaker and coffee in the filter. Breakfasts will be so much calmer; all you have to do is to switch on the kettle/ coffee machine and take milk, juice, water out of the fridge.
For further help with a more organised home, do consider enlisting the expertise of an accredited APDO member. Find an organiser here.